PACK HOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER
- The successful candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university preferably in an agricultural related discipline.
- Must have minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing perishable pack houses.
- Must have excellent management experience.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
- Manage the weekly packhouse meeting – ensuring minutes are delivered and agenda published
- Manage the daily planning meeting and ensure the shift and raw material plans are submitted
- Co-ordinate the logistics and truck plans
- Manage the movement and stocks of crates
- Overall responsibility for coordination of raw material, quality, utilization, dumping and record keeping for such.
- Monitoring of labour efficiency and overtime authorization while analysing production targets
- Alongside HR, present daily reports regarding labour performance
- Provide daily metrics that will inform Business decisions i.e – Daily product pack ability, Gross to Net weight, Labour efficiency, Cost per pack, tons per shift, Food safety, Cost of packaging, Cost of freight vs the client Invoice Amount etc.
- Work with the technical team to ensure packaging requirements and usage is all correct