- First install the plugin using WordPress auto-installer or download the .zip file from wordpress.org and install it from the Plugins section of your Dashboard or copy wordpress_file_upload directory inside wp-contents/plugins directory of your wordpress site.
- Activate the plugin from Plugins section of your Dashboard.
- In order to use the plugin simply go to the Dashboard / Settings / WordPress File Upload and follow the instructions in Plugin Instances or alternatively put the shortcode [wordpress_file_upload] in the contents of any page.
- Open the page on your browser and you will see the upload form.
- You can change the upload directory or any other settings easily by pressing the small edit button found at the left-top corner of the upload form. A new window (or tab) with pop up with plugin options. If you do not see the new window, adjust your browser settings to allow pop-up windows.
- Full documentation about the plugin options can be found at https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-file-upload/other_notes/ or at http://www.iptanus.com/wordpress-plugins/wordpress-file-upload/ (including the Pro version)